Starting Up

Reaction score
i shut down my computer when i go to bed at night. lately when i boot up in the morning, it is very loud for about 10 minutes and then it becomes quiet. also, a small window pops up that says "mom. did not load or could not load". what can i do about this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Usually that "MOM" error is associated with the Catalyst Control Center launching at startup.
You can try unchecking it from the Task Manager -> Startup Tab
OR
You might check the version you have installed (driver package and associated software) for your GPU and see if there is a more current version.
IF so then maybe download DDU from here http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=183&sid=4806ab8ad62942997d71ac2b22a07e04
Reboot your computer into Safe Mode and run it and then reboot and install the updated driver / software package.

As far as the loudness when you start it up in the morning....
I think, we would need some more details about the exact, Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number, etc., etc. before we could even make a wild guess.

Reaction score
A long time ago there were some Dell servers that ran all the fans at full speed for a minute or two when they were powered up, but the only time since I have heard that behavior is when running one of the xxx at home projects that used the GPU for computation and cause the graphics card fans to run at full speed together with the CPU fan.

So I wonder if the MOM thing is related.

Ask a Question