Programs not auto starting

Reaction score
It seems that since the last two updates from Win 10 those programs that should start automatically no longer do and I have the start them Manually! Even Microsoft's own programs like OneDrive are affected! They are ALL in the startup folder related to my sign-on and I have duplicated them in the All Users folder just to make sure. However, whatever I do they still don't start.
Anyone offer why this should be please?

Reaction score
They are ALL in the startup folder related to my sign-on and I have duplicated them in the All Users folder

How a program is auto-started depends on the program. One Drive is started within the program thus:
One Drive Startup.JPG

Some you can start up by placing a shortcut in the start folder thus: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

If you post a list I'll see if I can help you sort it out.

Reaction score
How a program is auto-started depends on the program. One Drive is started within the program thus:View attachment 9016

Some you can start up by placing a shortcut in the start folder thus: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

If you post a list I'll see if I can help you sort it out.
Thanks for the reply and attachment.
All the programs that I have and are not starting automatically are set in them to start, like the example you gave of OneDrive but they don't for some reason. They were of course set prior to the recent Win10 updates, it was then I first noticed that they were not loading. The other programs that are involved are Mailwasher; Dropbox; Synce Breeze Ultimate; Backup and Sync from google; and Remind-Me, a Standalone calendar. All of these used to start when I started Win10. It is a bit of a faff to have to remember to start them each time!
I have tried even un-installing Mailwasher and re-installing but the same result.
On another computers, on the network, are not affected it seems. Most strange.

JohnFW

Reaction score
Going to be away for a few days. Hope someone else here on the forum can help you some more.

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "regedit" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When regedit starts, expand "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders", look in the right window for "Startup" and make sure it is set correctly. You may have to use the scroll bars at the bottom to see the entire path. If you make any changes, you may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "regedit" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When regedit starts, expand "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders", look in the right window for "Startup" and make sure it is set correctly. You may have to use the scroll bars at the bottom to see the entire path. If you make any changes, you may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben
Thanks Ben,
I have checked this out and everything looks ok, the file reads...
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

John

Ask a Question