Programs automatically closing

Reaction score
My computer was working normally for a pretty long time. Recently certain applications close thenselves seconds after I open them. I didn't download anything new prior to this happening. The affected programs are Steam, Hammer, Firefox, and Zdoom. These programs don't close when I launch the computer in safe mode, but in safe mode I don't think my nvidia graphics card works since I can't open the menu that opebs with alt z and everything runs super slow. I've already done a virus scan and I found nothing. Can someone help me resolve my most used programs closing thenselves?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you clicked Start > Settings cog > Apps then left-clicked on each of your troublesome apps, and selected Advanced options > Repair or Reset buttons?

Reaction score
Have you clicked Start > Settings cog > Apps then left-clicked on each of your troublesome apps, and selected Advanced options > Repair or Reset buttons?
I can't find the advanced options. I looked around and couldn't find any repair or reset buttons for my apps.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can't find the advanced options. I looked around and couldn't find any repair or reset buttons for my apps.
It's possible that you may not be running the latest version of Windows 10 as that feature / function only became available in the Creators Update ( I think ).
Consider upgrading your version to the latest available
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Be sure to backup any and all critical data as well as create a disk image before proceeding.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Ask a Question