Steam on Windows 10

Reaction score
Does Steam currently work under Windows 10? If so, should I expect that all games that I have purchased through it to work? I don't want to upgrade if I can't play many of the games I have bought.

Reaction score
Steam does work and as far as I can tell all my games work. Although I can't speak for all, any game that works on Windows 7 should work fine on Windows 10.

Reaction score
Steam does work and as far as I can tell all my games work. Although I can't speak for all, any game that works on Windows 7 should work fine on Windows 10.
Small correction, if the game works on Windows 8, then it should work on Windows 10.
A friend of mine has some issues with certain games (I think mainly Games For Windows Live games) that will not run on Windows 8, and he has to boot into 7.

Reaction score
So far my entire Steam library has downloaded, and I have tested GTA 5, Black Ops 2, CS:GO, Eurotruck Sim 2 and Halo 2, no hitches so far and better performance than I was getting on W7

Reaction score
I have Steam , And I have been testing some games , I have over 420 games & 100 tools & music . I am using a AMD 8 core , it doesn't like It , hope to work bugs out as WIN 10 is great . Steam is a where if WIN 10 , said take one file out , but GO NOT GERENTE it. I Have not pushed Steam , as the DEV teams will have to deal with 10 , I do know they are using a 32 bit emulator .

Reaction score
Does Steam currently work under Windows 10? If so, should I expect that all games that I have purchased through it to work? I don't want to upgrade if I can't play many of the games I have bought.

What may not work now will most likely work in the future. Windows 10 JUST released, so the folks at Microsoft (as well as Nvidia and each game development) are working at it to properly optimize stuff for Windows 10. You don't have to upgrade now, but I do recommend doing so in the future.

With my current experiences, everything works fine in Windows 10. In fact, in many cases, games run better and much more faster. Just be sure to have a fresh install of each game and don't use backups.

Ask a Question