Some steam problems

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ghaeng, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ghaeng

Ghaeng

I have a few problems with steam
    1. Steam takes a long time to load with windows after startup. My other programs loads instantly.
    2. Steam asks me to sign in manually when I boot windows, instead of signing in automatically. Checking the remember password option doesn't solve it.
    3. Steam pops up with my friendlist after signing in, I want it to start minimized in the notification area.

I have tried getting in touch with steam support but they didnt seem to want to solve the problems.

Ghaeng, Sep 4, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Ghaeng

BigFeet

You might need to reinstall steam.

BigFeet, Sep 5, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Ghaeng

Ghaeng

I have tried that several times.

Ghaeng, Sep 5, 2017
  4. Ghaeng

Clay Horvath

SIMPLE!
    Remove Steam from the START MENU
    You shouldn't stay logged into Steam all the time as you don't need it on startup, you just want to use Steam when you decide to play!
    To do this go to search / type in run, in the run box type in msconfig / Go to the START UP tab then open the TASK MANAGER / Disable STEAM CLIENT BOOTSTRAPPER, select DISABLE so it isn't running on the startup. EXIT
    NOTE: If there are other programs that are not needed on the startup you can turn them off as well. This alone will increase the startup speed of your PC. The faster your PC the more your gonna enjoy it!

Clay Horvath, Feb 17, 2018
    ram1220 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question