Some steam problems

Reaction score
I have a few problems with steam
  1. Steam takes a long time to load with windows after startup. My other programs loads instantly.
  2. Steam asks me to sign in manually when I boot windows, instead of signing in automatically. Checking the remember password option doesn't solve it.
  3. Steam pops up with my friendlist after signing in, I want it to start minimized in the notification area.

I have tried getting in touch with steam support but they didnt seem to want to solve the problems.

Reaction score
SIMPLE!
Remove Steam from the START MENU
You shouldn't stay logged into Steam all the time as you don't need it on startup, you just want to use Steam when you decide to play!
To do this go to search / type in run, in the run box type in msconfig / Go to the START UP tab then open the TASK MANAGER / Disable STEAM CLIENT BOOTSTRAPPER, select DISABLE so it isn't running on the startup. EXIT
NOTE: If there are other programs that are not needed on the startup you can turn them off as well. This alone will increase the startup speed of your PC. The faster your PC the more your gonna enjoy it!

Reaction score
that prevents steam from starting up on boot, thats not what i want..

i tried getting in touch with steam support but they werent helpful

Reaction score
There are quite a few settings on the Steam menu you could try. Things like streaming or online/offline or even whether credentials are kept on that computer.

The fact your friends list pops up would seem to be one change you make or repair.

The Steam support site is usually very helpful, as long as you have some idea as to what might be wrong. Since you do not appear to know for sure, perhaps for an option to rebuild your account or a game you are playing.

Reaction score
Sorry but i dont get what you mean with rebuilding my games and account. I have tried messing around with the settings in steam but they dont seem to solve the problems.

Reaction score
If steam is running on your system and you use the hidden icon to start a game, you are already signed into steam. I do not know why it would ask you to sign in again if you are showing your ID at the top right of the Steam page.

You say you have tried all the Steam settings, so when you selected to not "Automatically sign into Friends when you start Steam", did it make any difference? Could it be one of your "friends" needs to change some setting?

Have you tried running "Offline"?

Ask a Question