SOLVED Store won't open.

Reaction score
I have 2 units. 1 lenovo ideapad s9 from ebay. I added an ssd and 2gb of ram so 2.5gb now. 512 soldered on board. SSD really helps. PC benchmark was saying 50 mb read write per second approximately. With SSD PNY constantly 115mb or so. Double the speed. Although boot time is still about 35 seconds. NO change. But rest is still improved. I upgraded to windows 10 free from 8. Have to before the 1 year deal so sooner I get it all fixed the better.

And 1 Samsung NPRV-515-A01US. It came with 7 and I upgraded to 10 also for free. Thanks to the 1 year deal by microsoft.

I upgraded and not clean install. But wanted clean installed. So I did restore and said keep nothing. Still leaves a windows old folder. But as close to clean as it gets. I was never able to clean for some reason. But this is pretty clean. Its fresh and few little software comes installed. No junk. All drivers work. No yellows in device manager.

But the store refuses to open. I decided to be smart and make a couple standard accounts no micorsoft ids attached. Just local accounts. Incase I goof up and then just delete those and start over. And the leave the main admin microsoft account alone. All was good but after a restart I went back from local account to admin to open the store to install something. But the store while pinned was invisible. No icon. And when I click on it says "This app can't oepn" "There's a problem with this app. Contact your system administrator about repairing it or reinstalling it". Even after a restart the 2 local accounts store icon works granted no id attached so I have to add it. But the main account still no store open. And I cant delete that because its the main admin account. And I'd rather not add it to the other accounts for safety. Like to leave it on the main admin account.

And this is the second time I had to restore and install windows 10 because the store broke and refuses to open. How frustrating. Really want to like windows 10. But too many headaches now.

1. part rant. And 2 hopefully somebody know how to fix the store. I will worry about the other issues some other time but the store for now.

Reaction score
I figured it out thanks. I just wanted to share the solution. I also upgraded my samsung nprv-515-a01us from windows 7 to windows 10. As for restoring use the GUI. Goto search and type in settings. Click on settings and goto recovery. Must be in main admin account or you won't see restore options. Then click reset PC and say keep nothing. You will still have a windows old folder. But its as close to clean install as you will have. Or chose to keep everything and it will probably still refresh the system and you will have store back.

But this the second time I have reset the pc and still no luck. App store breaks after few days. "This app can't oepn" "There's a problem with this app. Contact your system administrator about repairing it or reinstalling it"

So I got smart. And I made a few local accounts. Leave the admin alone and use the locals for everything. And use a flash stick or external hdd for storing files. If one of the accounts break then just delete it and make another account. And files are saved external so no loss. So goto control panel. Right click start menu button with windows logo bottom right of screen. Select control panel. Then open User Accounts. The say Manage another account. Then click on Add a new user in PC settings link on the bottom. Then click add someone else to this PC. Not family. Then click The person I want to add doesn't have an email address.

Then click add a user without a microsoft account. The fill in the User name what ever you want. Add a password and for hint just use the number 1. No body will know what that means. You need a hint so just do that. Then restart and login to that user and open the store. And add the microsoft account in. If store icon is still missing or refuses to open then reset the pc from admin account in settings. If it works then use the store.

Or delete the admin account and use another one. You cannot delete the admin because you need him or at least 1 admin account. Good news is you can delete him. I saw it on microsoft website you can have more than 1 microsoft account. So goto control panel and Users Accounts. Add new user and say add someone without email address. Make a new microsoft account and add that in. Then click on that account and say change account type. Change to administrator. Now you have a spare admin you can delete the old one. Back up first and then delete. Or delete and then say keep files. He will still be gone but files retained like docs etc. Then sign it to fresh account and store is back. No need for the corrupt account. And walla. And if he breaks too then same thing again. Back up files and add other microsoft account back in. Since it was deleted it will still now be a new fresh desktop and app store back. And not old broken account. And then remove broken admin account. And keep doing this when it breaks.

Its a pain. But reinstalling takes for ever and this is so much easier.

Beats hours trying to fix the store. Just make a fresh account and its like a fresh windows no issues. And delete him when he breaks or no longer needed. And remove old problem account. Pretty simple.

Reaction score
Hey, believe it or not, I had a similar situation. I could access the store icon and start up apps with no problems, but my wife could not . I had tried a lot of the online solutions ( windows powershell script, sfc checks, app troubleshooter, dism, none of that worked). I finally looked at my wife's account description, and it had her listed as an adult administrator who was "invited" ? I also did as you said I deleted her from the family account , and I readded her as a extra non family person administrator. The store button worked and the start menu apps worked also. Thank you for posting your results, I am not trying to steal your thunder, I am just giving you praise. Keep up the good posting.

Ask a Question