Windows Live Mail - Safe Sender List Won't Store New Entries

CNB

Reaction score
Ever since I changed over to Windows 10, I have had a problem with using the "Safe Sender" option in Windows Live Mail. Everything else works great, but when I send an email address to Safe Sender, or add it manually, the name goes in the list but won't stay there if WLM is restarted. That is, the next time WLM is brought up again, the recent additions are missing again. It is as if the Safe Sender additions were only stored in temporary memory that is wiped out every time WLM is restarted. Any suggestions?

I have repaired Windows Essentials in "Programs and Features" twice - to no avail.

Nothing submitted in Safe Sender will stay permanently on the list since Windows 10. Tis a puzzlement...

Thanks a head of time for your feedback and suggestions.

Reaction score
I use WLM also and I just added a fictitious address into Safe Senders list to test out your scenario.
Upon restart mine is still on the list.

One silly question to ask.......
did you click OK after you added an email address to Safe Senders list ?

Reaction score
I don't have any good solution for you.
Sorry.
Does that happen also to Block Senders list ?

After you have exhausted your search for a solution, perhaps you might consider re-installing ?
But that would be the last resort only.

Reaction score
Have you tried the reinstall suggestion? I am a live mail user and have never encountered, or previously read, of this problem.

CNB

Reaction score
Will I lose my emails and contacts if I reinstall?

(Yeh, I'm pretty computer ignorant. Teachable, but not a geek.)

Ask a Question