Sync Centre - Setup New Sync Partnerships

Reaction score
The message says "There are no new sync partnerships that can be set up on this computer". I have a nas setup on my wifi network and a drive is mapped to it. Why can't I use this?

Reaction score
Hi David, you are not alone, I have used offline files on Win 8.1 and previous version without issue, I upgraded to WIN 10 last week and the sync centre no longer works and I am not sure how to set up? any clues?

Reaction score
Hi David, you are not alone, I have used offline files on Win 8.1 and previous version without issue, I upgraded to WIN 10 last week and the sync centre no longer works and I am not sure how to set up? any clues?
I have not found a solution. Surprised no one has answered this thread.. Microsoft??

Reaction score
Had the same problem but managed to set up offline directories by just clicking with the right button on the file/directories you wish to have as offline in file manager then click on "always available offline". You just need to enable offline files through the Sync Centre under "Manage Offline Files". If you can't find Sync Centre just by tying the name at the prompt, it's in the Control Panel.

The directory needs to be on a networked drive, of course. The "sync partnership" doesn't appear in the Sync Centre but seems to sync ok though I have some problems with permissions in excel files but I think that is an Excel backup file problem. In looking for an answer I came across this old thread which may have been answered before or elsewhere.

Reaction score
I see that the reason it doesn't work for me is because I have Win10 Home. Apparently, Home does not support offline files. "Manage offline Files" does nothing when you click it.

Reaction score
:(

Typical of Microsoft but then there has to be a difference between the levels of software I suppose. I'm glad I had "Prof" installed originally but still dislike some of the 'protection' involved that stops the user (even one of the Admin user group) from using, accessing and installing things.

Ask a Question