Sysprep Issue

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a Win 10 master image to deploy to our company's computers. Under Windows 7 we created a master profile then signed out and logged back in as a local admin before running sysprep /oobe. Using the same procedure in Windows 10 but once we install the image on a computer it goes through the startup hoops and brings us back to the administrator profile just fine. The problem is with our master profile....when we log into it the apps are all disabled and nothing works right. What do we need to do differently when using sysprep under Windows 10?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK, and it's been literally years since I've sysprep'd a machine but I found a rather comprehensive tutorial and as much as I am reluctant to refer you to another site for a solution it might be worth your time to take a look here
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3020-windows-10-image-customize-audit-mode-sysprep.html
That along with the link in Step 4.2 regarding customizing the "Default" user profile might help, or at least I hope it does.

Reaction score
IDK, and it's been literally years since I've sysprep'd a machine but I found a rather comprehensive tutorial and as much as I am reluctant to refer you to another site for a solution it might be worth your time to take a look here
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3020-windows-10-image-customize-audit-mode-sysprep.html
That along with the link in Step 4.2 regarding customizing the "Default" user profile might help, or at least I hope it does.

Thanks for the post, I'll read the tenforums tutorial and let you know where that takes me. At least it's a place to start. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I’d suggest you use audit mode to configure the reference image (press Ctrl+Shift+F3 when you are asked for a username post-setup) and use an answer file to create the “master profile” during deployment.

It’s a Surface document for Windows 8.1, but I would really highly recommend the Surface Pro 3 Deployment and Administration guide. It provides a very comprehensive view of the recommended deployment methods for Windows and will bring you up to speed on deployment quickly.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
Windows for IT Pros at TechNet

Ask a Question