Reaction score
System:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram: 32.0 GB
Free Storage:
C: 350Gb
D: 92Gb
F: 256TB

When I finally got my Win10 desktop to a point that I thought I could work with it if everything failed in the future and I had to fall back on a system image, I attempted to create a system image on my external WD 3TB hard drive (Drive F) which was empty at the time and just formatted. The image seemed to go OK but after it finished I got the following two messages:
My user name on the computer is "Ken."

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file:
C:\Users\Ken\OneDrive\Documents. Error STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file
C:\Users\Ken\OneDrive\Pictures. Error STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002

My concern is that the two referenced files do not exist on my computer. My OneDrive is located on my D drive. (C is for Programs & D is for my Work or Output)
I didn't think this would be a problem, reinstalling non-existing folders, but then I started to wonder how Windows would handle that on its own?
Should I be concerned?

Reaction score
I assume you're using the Windows System Image Backup tool? AFAIK this tool (along with the other Windows backup tools) were deprecated some years ago and no development has been done on them. I would advise using a third party imaging tool, I use the free version of Macrium Reflect, and have done so for a good many years.

Reaction score
+1 for Macrium Reflect.
Even if Windows backup did work it’s unreliable at best & many users have had problems either in creating the recovery boot USB or restoring the image.

Ask a Question