Need help with the System image recovery issue.

Reaction score
Need help with the System image recovery issue.

Need help with the System image recovery issue. Can’t do a system image recovery every time I try the screen turn black and It says” signal entering the power saving mode shortly”. After I waited 30 minutes, and nothing show up on the screen. It connected to the power adapter. The computer is still on and the fan is running. It’s a new computer. Also, old desktop let me go to image recovery mode.

Computer type:
PC/Desktop
System Manufacturer/Model Number:
XPS Tower 8930 Desktop
Windows 10 Home 64bit
CPU:
9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 9700 (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost Techno
Motherboard:
0T2HR0
Memory:
DDR4 16GBytes
Graphics Card(s):
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Browser:
Google Chrome
Antivirus:
McAfee

Reaction score
How are you trying to go into recovery mode.? Why do you need to do a recovery? McAfee AV is more than likey the issue. I recommend you UNINSTALL McAfee then try. Also suggest you go to Safe Mode then try a Recovery.

Reaction score
thanks but didn't work.

I try doing the system image recovery by holding down the Shift key on my keyboard and restart the PC to get to Windows 10 boot options. I can’t do a system image recovery because every time I try the screen turns black and It says” signal entering the power saving mode shortly”. After I waited 30 minutes, and nothing show up on the screen. It connected to the power adapter. The computer is still on and the fan is running. It’s a new computer. Also, old desktop let me go to image recovery mode. My monitor is LG 27UL600-W. So I needed to do a system image transfer all my data to my new computer but I was able to do it by manually inputting all the files. Now I would like this boot option to work in case of windows fail. It doesn’t let me use any of the boot options because the screen turns blank as I mentioned above . something to add: I'm currently using my DisplayPort and I change it to HDMI and still didn't work. Also, my old desktop with the same monitor allows me to use boot option but the desktop is connected to HDMI. The old desktop only had an HDMI port.

Things I already try:

1)Did it work when you received it? No. it didn't work when I got the new desktop.
2) Did you inadvertently disconnect anything from the unit? no.
3) Do you see the DELL banner when you power-on? no, I never see it. even when I got the desktop. It starts showing the image when it prompts me to log into my pc account.

4) “dell OS recover tool”

5) “How to Fix a Boot Up problem

6)"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

7)“turn off the Power Saving Mode feature “

8)“change the display port to HDMI”

9)“removing all firewall”

10) uninstalled McAfee

10) “tap f12, keep tapping and then power on the system.”

11) “try different monitors still”

12) “Safe Mode then try a Recovery.”

Reaction score
Step 1
Back up all data that you want to save. Once you reformat and restore the computer, all existing data will be completely erased. This includes any email, program files and drivers. Save your Documents folder.

Step 2
Disconnect all peripherals -- printer, modem, USB -- from the computer, leaving only your monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Step 3
Reboot your computer. As it boots up, press and hold the "F8" key until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu. If you see the Windows logo appear, restart the computer and try to enter the Advanced Boot Options menu again.

Step 4
Follow the instructions included in Advanced Boot Options,

Ask a Question