SOLVED I need help removing a DLL notification

Reaction score
Good Morning all,

I am asking for help in stopping the following error message from appearing everytime I start my PC.

I upgraded to a newer HP printer and since then I get this annoying message.

How do i stop this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• cap.PNG
    cap.PNG
    89.4 KB · Views: 210
Reaction score
Basically I unhooked the old printer, placed the new one in its place, hooked up the same cables, went to the HP site, downloaded the software and ran it. My PC recognised the new one and after I was done I right clicked on the greyed out old printer, right clicked and "removed' it. The new printer works fine, but this morning upon start up I get the DLL error box referencing the old unit.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Open File Explorer, then in File Explorer's address bar, type or copy & paste the following and press Enter to navigate to this location:

Code:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

When at this location delete the Shortcut pointing HP

Note:
If you have multiple User Accounts set up, you may need to verify the same location for each User does not also contain this HP Shortcut still.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Basically I unhooked the old printer, placed the new one in its place, hooked up the same cables, went to the HP site, downloaded the software and ran it. My PC recognised the new one and after I was done I right clicked on the greyed out old printer, right clicked and "removed' it. The new printer works fine, but this morning upon start up I get the DLL error box referencing the old unit.

With HP you have to do a few things in order. So lets do this; if the printer is on, turn it off, you can leave it all plugged in. Next uninstall everything HP and reboot PC. Now download a fresh copy of the software/driver package for your new HP printer and run it. During the process it will till when to turn on printer, when it does turn it on and the installing process will complete. That should do it for you.

Reaction score
Awesome Regedit32 !!

That worked great, thought there was no "HP" file's or shortcuts, there were some .INI files that I found and whether or not they were related to this issue after 3 reboots the message has not appeared again.

Ask a Question