SOLVED I need help diagnosing LAN issues

Reaction score
Hello all, I installed a extra single PCI LAN card which worked properly prior to today.

I installed it to use as a second network for an audio over ethernet network for use with a Dante Audio connected Radial DAC.

When I switched LAN's and back the second one stopped.

I thought the "Realteck" one was the OEM one , the second one is a Rosewell unit, however when I removed the Rosewell the OEM LAN is listd as an "Intel" unit.

Why is this ?

Devise manager says the Rosewell is working properly, but there is no IP address any more.

Please see screenshot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• capture1.PNG
    capture1.PNG
    58.1 KB · Views: 206

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you bridged the two NIC's?

You can only have one bridge, but that bridge can have multiple connections.

Reaction score
No I have not, I just switched from one LAN to the other inside the program designed to set up access and route the audio. When I switched back the DAC disappeared from the network and I thought my factory Dell was the one not working. I was switching back and forth because I was trying to ID the ports to be sure I was connecting the DAC to the correct port, (in the program not physically via the Cat 6 cable). It took a bit to figure out it was the Rosewell because of the naming of the network adapters in Devise Manager and then the DAC disappeared and I have been trying to fix the problem since Noon today.

Thats why I posted the screenshot, I was hoping someone could explain if the Rosewell can be made to work again I uninstalled it and removed the card physically from the motherboard, and then reinstalled it and then reinstalled the driver. I am thinking now the Rosewell is junk, though I have only used it today for an hour or two.

Reaction score
I had a new card flown in and I installed it last night, It has an IP address and seems to work correctly. My DAC shows upo on the network again, so I believe it is fixed. They agreed to refund me for the old card too.

Ask a Question