SOLVED System Tray icon too quick for touchpad!

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so I apologise in advance if this has already been asked and solved.

Bottom right hand corner, if I right click a system tray icon, ie wifi icon, the box opens to show my available wifi connections. If I them move the touchpad to enter the box it shuts down. This happens on sound icon also.

I would be very grateful for help on this as I've searched everywhere on the settings to try and solve this.

Many thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
In the case of a "touchpad", in many instances they will require that the latest driver from the computer manufacturer be installed or even in some cases re-installed in order for them to behave properly.
I suggest looking on the manufacturer's support website and see what they have in the way of a driver offering supporting Windows 10.
Additionally you may also notice after installing the appropriate driver that you have the ability to control something called "gestures" and adjust the sensitivity or even turn them off.

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the welcome

I have the gesture things turned off and have been through all the options in the touchpad settings to make sure no strange things like "cursors shoots to kitchen while typing a letter" I've also tried updating the driver but this is up to date (Sept 2015). I have a smaller laptop, packard dell, that has exactly the same problem, as soon as I move the cursor, the box closes. This is why I thought it was a common problem with windows 10. It was particularly annoying when I had problems with my internet provider and was trying to disconnect and reconnect the wifi during a phone call to them.

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted as it's just drove me mad trying to lower the sound on the speaker icon.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you can provide some specifics as to the exact....
Manufacturer's name, Model name, Model number (complete model / product number)......
Perhaps someone might have some specific firsthand knowledge as to how to resolve the issue.
Personally, I have three laptops and a small USB wired mouse in each bag.
I've never quite gotten the Zen of the trackpad
So I go with old school.
There handy when they work of course but can be a pain when they don't

Reaction score
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 I too prefer use a wireless mouse. The touch pads sensitivity drive me crazy at times, especially when attempting to scroll.it's hit and miss. I find the mouse easier and quicker when navigating.

Reaction score
Just looked at the Synaptics website as both my laptops have their touchpad and I think I'll phone them and see if they have come across the problem, but as I live in Europe, I'll wait a few hours....
Interestingly, their downloadable driver is earlier than the one I have installed.

Reaction score
I Phoned Synaptics and they haven't come across the problem, they suggested I phone the Laptop manufacturer, but as I have 2 different laptops from 2 different manufacturers it doesn't seem logical that it would be the Laptops. I think it must be a windows 10 problem because I never had the problem with windows 7

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you know, I've solved it. In Control Panel, Ease of Access, Make mouse easier to use, Click "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen"

Who'd have thought.......

Anyhow, many thanks, it seems by bouncing ideas it gets me searching for the answer

Ask a Question