SOLVED Temp Files A La Grande

Bif

Reaction score
So after upgrade to threshold 2 I've noticed that in my storage the Temp File is huge at 16.5 GB and the "Other" (whatever that is) is also large.I'm a regular user of Ccleaner but would like to get some advice on whether I should run it to clean some of these files up? or just leave things alone as they might be (Windows.Old 10) files and deleting would be detrimental if I wanted to revert back to previous build.AND what the heck is this "Other" file that is taking up so much real estate?
Capture.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
deleting would be detrimental if I wanted to revert back to previous build
I don't know if I have anything positive to contribute to your query, but.....
Before I deleted anything that I had questions about, I would create a disk image and then I would mount it and inspect its' contents to assure that I had a strong and viable fallback position.
OF course I would have already done that also, prior to any upgrade / update and would never find myself relying on any native feature to return my machine to a previous state.
I enjoy being able to relatively fearlessly do whatever I want to my machine, knowing that I have a disk image to fall back on, just in case.
AND I don't mean the native Windows System Image utility. I mean.......
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Bif

Reaction score
Great advice as usual,will look into this as suggested.What I find strange is that I searched for the %temp% folder and there are only a few items in there with a size of a mere 7.35mb...
so I'm thinking these are hidden system files or the like and I may just leave them be, as I have plenty of space left on the hard drive.
I thought computers were suppose to make life easier!!:confused:

Thanks Trub..

Ask a Question