The June Browser Numbers Are In!

Reaction score
And now we have the browser numbers for June 2016.

#1 Chrome clocks in at 48.65%, boosting its lead over Explorer for the second month in a row. Chrome now leads Explorer by 17%, gaining a whopping 5.08% since last month. Folks, there is more than one explanation, but the quiet growth of Chromebooks is one of them. A frightened Microsoft is quietly helping manufacturers get lower-cost Windows laptops out there in order to compete.

At 5.09%, Edge is not even close to being the #1 choice of Windows 10 users. Its .91% growth, however, is still better than Explorer’s, Firefox’s, Safari’s, and Opera’s declines. And I predict that as new machines have Edge as their default browser, its market share will grow.

Reaction score
No disrespect, but, do you have a link, or is this an opinion, to
"A frightened Microsoft is quietly helping manufacturers get lower-cost Windows laptops out there in order to compete."

I am aware that, since Windows 8.1, MS have been supplying manufacturers with the OSs with Bing as a default search engine and, of late, with Envy as the default bowser. This is a fair competitive move to combat Chromebook and associated software.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the response, Vince.

Well, the first article is a couple of years old and the other a year old. Pretty much agrees with what I said, imo.

To repeat, I do not see a "Frightened" Microsoft. I see a company, out to make money, operating competitively.

Ask a Question