Windows 10 shuts down by itself June 2018

Reaction score
Since June 6th 10:30 PST, my long time computer has been shutting down by itself. It will close all programs, even wait for them when they won’t, shows me the shutting down screen then powers off as if I prompted it myself.
When starting it up, it may do it again immediately or after about 30 minutes.

I’ve done safe mode (where it would also happen) I’ve restored to 2 days earlier, reset the pc (keeping my files) and the problem still happens.
After the reset, I reinstalled Norton and Steam. My graphics card seems functional and giving high quality graphics in game. (Some game clients were not offloaded by the reset.)
Now, it never did it during any of the restores or a quick Norton scan. It did do it during a full scan by Norton.
I trust it isn’t the power source because the restores didn’t get interrupted and it feels cool to the touch.

The Event viewer shows 2 41 kernel critical error, but not for every shutdown event. That’s about all I knew to look for in event viewer.
I’m now stuck for what to do next.
Your help willl be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s overheating. The room and the machine are quite cool today and there are 4 fans running inside it.

Reaction score
I had a tech look at it, and we ended up using another machine with my keyboard and mouse, and even it was shutting down. We've swapped out the keyboard on my machine now, and it hasn't shut down for over 2 hours now, where it wouldn't last more than 30 minutes before. I can't explain it but it seems my 10 year old keyboard was sending the right commands to shut computers down.

Ask a Question