Windows 10 shuts off network adapter at logon

Reaction score
This problem just started two days ago (Wednesday June 14th, 2017}. I have an HP pavilion g7 laptop running Windows 10 version 1607 os build 14393.1358 When the laptop starts up it shows that I am connected to my network and have internet access. When I enter my password to log onto the laptop the adapter is shut off and I have no network connection. I go into device manager and it shows the device is working properly. I have tried a system restore, but get a error that is cannot complete the operation. I have ran checks for virus and malware and have found none. I know my network is good because I am using another computer on the same network. Also I have tried to use a cable to the router and still no luck. Any suggestions or solutions?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi tbussche,

Welcome to the Forum.

I think in the first instance it'd be worth running the Network Adapter troubleshoot tool:
  • Start > Settings > Update & security > [on left side] Troubleshoot
  • Then select the troubleshoot tool for Network and run it

Regedit32

Reaction score
Ahh ok.

Have you right-clicked on Start, selected Device Manager and attempted to uninstall the Network Adapter drivers, then restart computer and reinstall the drivers?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
HP pavilion g7 laptop
AS it's and HP computer, you may want to see if the latest version of the HP Support Assistant's network troubleshooter provides any information that the Windows troubleshooter doesn't
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html
Worth a shot.
Additionally, if you have any third party security suite installed (Avast, Avira, AVG, Bitdefender, Comodo, McAfee, Norton, etc., etc.) you might want to consider removing any such program until you can resolve the issue and then reinstall them.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I ran the network trouble shooter. It suggested I run the remove and rebuild the network delete and rebuild. When it said to reboot, I did and now my machine will not open Windows 10 at all. It says there is no network on my machine and sits on the main page and will not allow me to log in to set the machine to boot in safe mode. I now have an expensive brick on my desk.
How can I rebuild windows 10 with a machine that will not allow me to even use the keyboard mouse works fine if you do not use the click buttons.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I ran the network trouble shooter. It suggested I run the remove and rebuild the network delete and rebuild. When it said to reboot, I did and now my machine will not open Windows 10 at all. It says there is no network on my machine and sits on the main page and will not allow me to log in to set the machine to boot in safe mode. I now have an expensive brick on my desk.
How can I rebuild windows 10 with a machine that will not allow me to even use the keyboard mouse works fine if you do not use the click buttons.
Hi Jay,

can you read from "If you can't boot Windows 10" in this thread and see if that helps at all?:

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/advanced-startup-options.38/ ;)

Ask a Question