Theme Hospital

Reaction score
Hi

I am a really big fan of "Theme Hospital", and I realise that due to this game only working upto Windows 7, it is not longer fully compatible with Windows 8.1 and beyond.

What I would like to know is can this be changed, i.e. a patch within Windows 10 that can allow for old PC games to be played on them?

Many thanks

James

Reaction score
According to a response on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...pital-on/88dae6e5-c867-4284-8305-a29c247d0881 it works on Windows 8 (and I would assume Windows 10 doing the same steps) by:
Explore the contents of the CD-ROM and copy the HOSP directory to the C:\ drive.

Navigate to this location and right click on WINMAIN and select properties.

Click the Compatibility tab and select the option 'Reduced colour mode'.

Then double click WINMAIN and enjoy :)
I would try just enabling Reduced Color Mode, and if that doesn't work copy the HOSP folder.

Reaction score
My sincere thanks for the last reply. I have already done this before, and can actually play thought the pointer freezes and it is incredibly difficult to manovere the mouse. The mouse works perfectly well in other places so I know it's the game that's at fault. Also a pop up box says WINMAIN has an error with it. Lasly can't these alterations cause issues with the laptop?

Reaction score
Same trouble between win10 and the mouse, working on small window but freeze on big screen with DOSBOX : any idea ? James have you find something ?

Reaction score
Same trouble between win10 and the mouse, working on small window but freeze on big screen with DOSBOX : any idea ? James have you find something ?
Hi Jiminou76, I haven't found anything at the moment. Though what interests me is that Window 10 is supposed to be better then the older versions, Windows 10 can't play Windows 7 games properly

Reaction score
Solution is this vid, i just tested it before posting online. The only difference with Win 10 is that direct Play will want to install, allow it. After restartng your machine let it completely start (Skype starting with it running made my laptop freeze). I have been looking for this for about 2 years!!! and here it is.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid... the link to the file needed

Reaction score
Hi James,

Yes works a treat, i am running 10 just don't choose low res in the game, as well as what i typed in my last reply.

Enjoy theme hospital :)

Reaction score
Hi,

I've followed the steps you gave but when I go to open the game it says failed to initialise VRES256 screen.

What's this mean and how can I sort it?

Thank you :)

Reaction score
I copied your method, however I am still getting the enter CD error despite the disk being in. How can I solve this?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's an open-source remake of Theme Hospital called Corsix-TH which features better support for modern PCs (including improved textures, resolutions etc...). It may be worth giving that a shot?

Take a look at this page (https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH) and scroll past the filename listings for more info.

Reaction score
Hello there wish someone could tell me how I can play it on a x64 bit windows 10 os because for the love of me I cant seem to fix it! I tried everything possible, all I get is WINMAIN.EXE error (0xc0000022) and its really annoying me! Any help would be much appreciated thanks again...

Reaction score
Hi , I keep getting the same as above error (0xc0000022) really frustrating as I love this game! Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Reaction score
Solution is this vid, i just tested it before posting online. The only difference with Win 10 is that direct Play will want to install, allow it. After restartng your machine let it completely start (Skype starting with it running made my laptop freeze). I have been looking for this for about 2 years!!! and here it is.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid... the link to the file needed
I have a windows 10. I want a slice of my childhood back and I don't know what works for Win10

Ask a Question