SOLVED Background themes in Windows 10-opening themes installed.

Reaction score
:pHi all.
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in being able to open up windows themes in Personalization?

In windows 7 it was simplicity itself to click on a "Theme", upon opening theme on the desktop, I used to click on "backgrounds" at bottom of the personalization screen and it would open up showing the different backgrounds available therein. Choose,click on it,and it appeared as your background.Simple.

No longer works and I can not find a way to open up a theme to peruse and select a theme therein.
Additionally,where are these themes now stored? If I knew that I could possibly bookmark the spot or transfer\Copy content into,say, picture folder.:)

Reaction score
Hi Norton.
Thanks for replying. However,where is the folder that themes are stored in that I may view the various pictures therein.

Reaction score
FGind therm here. You will have to have "System " and Hidden files revealed in the customization.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

Reaction score
I was under the impression all of the available themes in the folder would be displayed in Theme Settings?

Reaction score
No they are not,Norton. Appears that that went with Windows 7. New policy is "hide everything." Bamboozle em.

Thanks davehc. I have copied them and included them into libraries.

Ask a Question