Monitor display all black background

Reaction score
I had to repost my problem, I was unable to locate it. I trust I am in the right place to post this problem.
Its been over a week now since I started my computer the first thing in the morning, and was surprised to see an all black background. My desktop icons are all in color on a black background. Any page that I enter has somethings in color, however, it is difficult to locate what I need to find, as I have to use the mouse to click various area to see if it will display something. I find it to be quite annoying to use the computer in this state. This problem is new to me as a first time occurrence. Solving the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Jetman,

what are your colour settings like?, here are mine. :)

colours.JPG

Reaction score
I have selected a blue backgroumd, and I can not get it to set as my back ground. It is probably my lack of knowledge with this problem. My computer showed no signs as to why it went all black. I really appreciate any and all help with this problem. Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you could use the snipping tool to capture a full screen or window image that displays exactly what you are experiencing that would be helpful.
Other than that.....
Check lower on the personalization page in settings on colors in the left column and see if you might have chosen "Dark" as your default app mode.
Try using a picture as a background from the Themes menu in the left column and see if that makes a difference.
Check ease of access and make sure you have not selected some type of high contrast display which might be impacting how your experience is displaying on your monitor.

Ask a Question