Windows 10 - display monitor will not turn off (sleep) since upgrading from Win7

Reaction score
Since upgrading from Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10, my monitor/display on my desktop will no longer go to sleep/turn off after the scheduled 5 minutes. I had no issues with this in Windows 7. I have updated the BIOS, video drivers, USB wireless mouse driver and anything that could be related and no change. All i want is for the monitor to turn off after the set time. I don't use a screensaver. There is no driver update for the monitor (Viewsonic VX2450). I've also tried uninstalling the monitor driving and reinstalling but no change. Seems like the system also will not sleep when set to sleep.

Reaction score
I've noticed the same problem with my desktop machine, as have a number of others here. Hopefully, Microsoft will remedy this soon.

RHH

Reaction score
Upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and screensaver will NOT work (just want blank screen). I have tried every fix I could goggle and nothing will fix this. I have tried to download windows 10 three times and have finally gone back to 8.1 because of this issue. The login screen will black out but this does not work after logging onto the computer. I do not want my computer to go to sleep. I just want the screen timeout to work. Microsoft????

RHH

Reaction score
I also have the same problem with my desktop, have upgraded drivers, tried every fix I could goggle and will still not work. I went back to 8.1 until this is resolved.

Ask a Question