Windows 10 display not full screen on 4k tv

Reaction score
Having issues with getting my Compaq presario cq42 laptop to display 1080p on my hisense 58N5 4k tv using windows 10.

The highest resolution I can choose is 1366 x 768. When set to this resolution the desktop doesn't fill the TV screen but TV is receiving a 1080p signal.

If I set it to 1360 x 768 and duplicate the screens the image fills the screen as does 1280 x 720 and TV is receiving this signals.

There is no scaling bar on my display settings like I'm windows 8.

My display drivers are the latest and updated.

Tried different aspect ratios on TV settings but still no go.

With this laptop connected to my Soniq 48" LCD I could achieve 1080p signal with full screen display.

Maybe the 4k tv doesn't shake hands correctly with the display adapter in laptop or something.

I'm stumped!

Reaction score
lastactionhero - If you right click the displayed Desktop on the TV (Display Settings), are you able to set the resolution to 1920x1080. I have an old Dell connected like this on Windows 10 and it displays OK.

Another thought is that have a look at your display driver and graphics system and look on the appropriate website. It maybe you have a standard drive rather than the full works.

Reaction score
lastactionhero - If you right click the displayed Desktop on the TV (Display Settings), are you able to set the resolution to 1920x1080. I have an old Dell connected like this on Windows 10 and it displays OK.

Another thought is that have a look at your display driver and graphics system and look on the appropriate website. It maybe you have a standard drive rather than the full works.

No 1080p option when displays duplicated and when I set to display to TV only, the resolution and orientation boxes are greyed out and not accessible.

Ask a Question