monitor display setting

Reaction score
Hi All,
I use a design software that requires a specific monitor setting 1440x900. If my display setting is different than that, things I draw are distorted on my display. I just upgraded to Win 10 and don't find 1440x900 as an display setting option. The choices I find in the drop down menu result in circles I draw looking oval. Is there a way to select a specific setting? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Usually on that resolution setting page is a button saying something about showing all possibilities, another menu. I have my 21" monitor running 1440x900 on 4 computers through a KVM Switch, the computers are Win10 RTM, Win10 IP, Linux Mint and Win7. The 2 Win10 computers use add-in PCI-e X16 cards while the Linux and Win7 are using onboard adapters. Unfortunately we sometimes run into hardware that is just 'too good' for a particular purpose.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Right click any where on an open area of the desktop, select display settings, scroll down to resolution and use the drop down menu to select the correct resolution. Usually the recommended is the highest and the best.

Keep in mind that the monitor has to support said resolution and the GPU must be able to output said resolution.

What is the make/model of your monitor?

Ask a Question