Tinted Screen; Cannot Click

Reaction score
Two days ago something strange happened to my computer. I got the notification pling that you get when some software requests access to make changes to your PC, and the screen tinted grey like it normally does when that happens. However no prompt appeared. It was just a grey tinted screen and whenever I tried to click it just give me an "error pling". I could use the keyboard just fine, and I tried researching the web to no avail. In the end I just signed out and signed back in to my account, and all was well.

Today, this happened again. Notification pling, grey tint, but no window that was prompting me to give access to a program or anything. I have no idea what might cause this, and although it doesn't appear to be harmful, it is a bit annoying to have to sign out and in again.

Reaction score
When this happens, is there a flashing icon in the taskbar? It sounds like a program is asking permission to run, and sometimes, for some reason, they come up minimized..

Reaction score
You might check the Event Viewer if you get time. It might be the Desktop having problems.

Are you using any Task View screens?

Reaction score
When this happens, is there a flashing icon in the taskbar? It sounds like a program is asking permission to run, and sometimes, for some reason, they come up minimized..

I don't remember seeing any flashing icons in the task bar, and I think I would have noticed something like that.

You might check the Event Viewer if you get time. It might be the Desktop having problems.

Are you using any Task View screens?

I didn't know that Event Viewer existed before you mentioned it in your post, so I did not get the chance to check it. If it happens again I will be sure to. Related to that, is there a keyboard shortcut to open the search? Without that, I'm not sure how I'd be able to open Event Viewer when my mouse is practically useless.

I'm not sure what you mean by Task View screens.

Ask a Question