Trojan:JS/Redirectorirfn

Reaction score
My husband's computer has been infected by this virus and PUA:Win32/AskToolbar. I'm not very tech savvy but would like to see if I can at least try to remove the trojan before having to resort to calling in a technician.
The computer only has Windows Defender running and I have tried the different scans it offers including the offline one. It now says no threats but this Virus still keeps popping up in the lower right hand corner.
I understand I have to download and run several programs. My first hurdle is in trying in install Malwarebytes which, when I attempt to do tells me I have 3rd party protection running. As I said I have only got Windows Defender and the firewall on. I've temporarilly disabled them but still can't get MBAM to install. Is there something else I have to switch off or am I missing something else completely that I need to do to get MBAM installed.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Reaction score
Your best bet is to download and run adwcleaner first. It's maintained by malwarebytes but doesn't need to be installed. Also it specifically targets adware and PUPS.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner
I've never had an issue installing malwarebytes with defender running. It actually overrides defender while it's running in the 14 day trial. Someone else may be able too help you get malwarebytes installed.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I think I've managed to remove them. If they return I will attempt to completely reset the computer.

Ask a Question