SOLVED How to remove Torpig Trojan

Reaction score
I've just found I have the torpig trojan on my windows 10 system. Will a complete delete and reinstall of 10 clear the thing or are there other methods? Also can it move to our android phones and smart tv? I have downloaded all my docs. photos etc because I guess they are infected, so is there anything else I can do? Any help more than gratefully received.

Reaction score
Personally I'd do a reset or a clean install of Windows. I honestly don't trust anti virus or anti malware programs to completely remove it. As far as I can tell it's just a Windows virus.

Reaction score
Thanks Bigfeet, that's what I'm inclined to do but I'm going to lose my docs., photos etc one way or another.

Reaction score
If you don't already have one, you can pick up a 32 or 64gb flash drive relatively cheap and save your documents and pictures to it. You can choose to save your personal files when you do a reset, but there's a possibility remnants of the virus may carry over.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I've saved all my files to usb but as you say I'm not keen on reloading them to the laptop in case they're infected. I might buy a very cheap laptop and put them on there. I'm certainly going to do a complete reset and hope that fixes it.

Ask a Question