SOLVED ? How To Remove AntiVirus Program

Reaction score
I have a new 2yr copy 3 pc's I bought from Fry's free with rebates. Installed on my old PC OK no issue, but I did have the old version that have run for 2 yrs now but is expiring. Tried to download to my New HP690-0067c but I couldn’t get it to install, it did install the free version. Called AVG & I have McAfee so they said I cant just use Control Panel as it may NOT get all parts out of my PC. Now they can using their proprietary tool for a Hot DISCOUNT of $47 bucks to get it all out. Oh by the way since I told the tech I wasn’t about to pay that amount she called her supervisor to sell me. No dice I didn’t fall off the Turnip Truck into town. ANYONE know if any part of this is true. Can I remove it with "CP" or do I need some kind of removal software. I have gone to Google but with all the options I see I'm reluctant to push the download button and get a lot of misery because I did.

Reaction score
You should have no issues removing the anti virus programs you want. The only one I'd recommend using a removal tool for is Norton's. That has a habit of not completely uninstalling. But the removal tool for that is free on their website.

And you need to be more specific about what one you want removed and which one you have the license for.

Reaction score
That one sentence post was a mistake, & I should have proof read the other one.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
McAfee Removal Tool https://service.mcafee.com/webcente...enterWidth=100%25&_adf.ctrl-state=9qz4w6lc6_9
Halfway down the page you'll see a link to MCPR tool (McAfee Consumer Product Removal) MCPR.exe

AVG Removal Tool (AVG Clear) AVGClear.exe

Norton Removal Tool

Most top tier Antivirus products have some sort of removal tool.

Ask a Question