SOLVED Turn off Precision Touchpad

Reaction score
Hi... have a LENOVO IdeaPad L340... being a better-than-nothing touch typist... the touchpad is was too sensitive and cursor continually jumps to who-knows-where. I need to turn off the TAP-TO-CLICK option and return this touchpad to "dumb mouse" mode.

CONTROL PANEL/HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES... says "I2C HID Device" and "Synaptics HID Device"... MICE and OTHER POINTING DEVICES... says "Synaptics Pointing Device"

Win10/SETTINGS/DEVICES … MOUSE ADDITIONAL OPTIONS shows only BUTTONS / POINTER OPTIONS / WHEEL / HARDWARE
… nothing concerning Synaptics… etc

TOUCHPAD option shows ONLY "TOUCHPAD SENSITIVITY"... set to MOST SENSITIVE currently.

I've exhausted GOOGLE'g "Lenovo anything"... I'm down to the opinion that... although NOTHING identifies as "PRECISION TOUCHPAD" that, in actuality, this is a WIN10 issue (cause a few GOOGLE's says MS took over PRECISION TOUCHPAD" driver support.

So, not really knowing what I'm talking about... HOW DOES ONE TURN OFF THE TAP-to-CLICK WITH PRECISION TOUCHPADs???

Thanks in advance,
SteveK

Reaction score
Usually the Manual will also help on how to set or modify the default settings..

Reaction score
NOT SOLVED... DAMN touchpad still doing whatever IT wants to do.

REGEDIT32... first I don't want to disable the ENTIRE touchpad... just disable the TAP-to-CLICK. Also, the screen shots you showed are NOT the same on this device. There is NO extra MOUSE or TOUCHPAD choices/options...

All I see... under MOUSE... are mouse-only choices; under TOUCHPAD... ONLY "sensitivity"

Ready to toss this thing!
Steve

Ask a Question