SOLVED Monitor won't turn off while joystick is connected

Reaction score
Good evening folks,

I'm having this problem since i bought the joystick Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. While connected, the monitor won't turn off at specified time.

System specs:
CPU AMD FX-8300
Motherboard Gigabyte 970A-DS3P (with the latest bios update)
16 Gb ram DDR3
OS Windows 10 Professional 1903

At the device manager if i disable the following:

"HID-compliant game controller, 10.0.10240.16384, Microsoft, 6/21/2006"

The monitor turn off but i loose the joystick connection.

I wonder if anyone had/have the same problem to point a way to have the joystick conneted and power setting working along.

Thanks

Fontenele

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Fontenele,

I'm not a gamer so I can say that as joysticks go I cannot help much.

The only thing I can think that might help would be to install any specific drivers required for your joystick in compatibility mode for say Windows 8 or even Windows 7 if the joystick is old enough. That may resolve your issue, but no guarantees.

I assume your drivers (if any) are all ready installed, so you could right click on the installed driver and select Troubleshoot compatibility and adjust there if you want to try.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hello there Regedit32.

Interesting, yesterday i needed the Joystick to do a flight, i was disabled and after the mentioned activity, after 5 minutes, the monitors goes off perfectly. I'm think of some Windows Updated that solved the problem. I'll keep watching.

Thanks

Fontenele

Reaction score
In my experience it was GeForce Experience keeping my monitors on when there was a joystick plugged in. I uninstalled it and the problem went away. The specific feature was the in game overlay, you can just turn that off. If you want to keep all of the feature of GeForce Experience turned on, you can use this patch.

Disable in game overlay before running patch.
Run Powershell as Administrator

The patch is on this page, it is not my work, the creator has a link to any needed updates. I ran it on GeForce Experience 3.27.0.112 and it worked great.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/k8r49n

Ask a Question