Epson Status Monitor is gone

Reaction score
Installed my old Epson CX7400 scanner/printer on my new Win10 64bit laptop. I can print with it, but the Status Monitor which shows my ink levels is gone.
I have the latest driver. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Anyone know of a fix for this? Been scouring the internet.

Thanks,

Craig

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume you are installing the latest full software package from here
(Drivers and Utilities Combo Package)

Double check Task Manager and confirm that you don't have it set to "Disabled".

Reaction score
Trouble,

Yes, that is the package I downloaded and installed after removing and reinstalling. I just checked task manager. Status Monitor is not listed. Any other ideas? Thank you for your time.

Craig

Reaction score
I have Epson Status Monitor 3 installed and set to be that way at startup with Windows 10. It doesn't appear for me either. There is an Android app called Epson iPrint which shows the ink status from anywhere. You can send documents home to your printer using iPrint as well. It uses Google Cloud as a passthrough.

Reaction score
If Epson Status Monitor 3 is not showing up in the status bar then it is probably disabled. To enable that, go to printer preferences which open up a window with "Ink Levels" button showing up at the bottom. Clicking that button will result in a popup which let you know that Epson Status Monitor is disabled and will confirm if you want to enable this. This should re-enable the status monitor for you. See the image below to see where the button is.
1601228530087.png

Reaction score
If Epson Status Monitor 3 is not showing up in the status bar then it is probably disabled. To enable that, go to printer preferences which open up a window with "Ink Levels" button showing up at the bottom. Clicking that button will result in a popup which let you know that Epson Status Monitor is disabled and will confirm if you want to enable this. This should re-enable the status monitor for you. See the image below to see where the button is.
View attachment 12501
This did not quite work for me, because the ink level screen did not have an option to enable monitoring. However, I clicked on the Maintenance tab and then selected the 'Monitoring preferences' button. From there, there is an option to 'Register the short-cut icon to the task bar'. It then says you need to allow the monitoring through the windows firewall and ask if you want to allow it. I did then everything is fine now.

Reaction score
This did not quite work for me, because the ink level screen did not have an option to enable monitoring. However, I clicked on the Maintenance tab and then selected the 'Monitoring preferences' button. From there, there is an option to 'Register the short-cut icon to the task bar'. It then says you need to allow the monitoring through the windows firewall and ask if you want to allow it. I did then everything is fine now.
Hi! I have the opposite but in another sense the same problem. I need to temporarily disable the printer monitor and I am advised to click the "maintenance tab" but I have/see no tab called "maintenance' (I first right-click the printer under the control panel) and I am using Windows 10. I need to disable the monitor, for some reason, while I reset a counter (number of printed copies) since the maximum limit is reached.

Reaction score
Installed my old Epson CX7400 scanner/printer on my new Win10 64bit laptop. I can print with it, but the Status Monitor which shows my ink levels is gone.
I have the latest driver. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Anyone know of a fix for this? Been scouring the internet.

Thanks,

Craig
I'm having the same problem with my old Epson stylus photo R280 printer. Did you ever figure it out? I can't see the ink levels and it's printing like it only has pink.

Reaction score
when installing driver/utility run as administrator and monitor is available. if you don't run as administrator, it doesn't appear.

Ask a Question