Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver.

Reaction score
Hello Windows 10 Forums,

I know there are a few Linux users here so I thought I'd tell ya the Bionic Beaver Rocks and definitely worthy of test driving and a few hours of ones time.

Gnome Desktop / GUI interface is easy to navigate and I prefer it over Unity GUI interface although still resource demanding but not as much as Unity was. :cool:

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver installed and works OOTB on my 2008 Frankenstein Build listed below although now using Xubuntu 18.04 LTS because I like Xfce GUI interface /Desktop.

Reaction score
I have Ubuntu 20.04 on a USB Thumb drive, longer LTS life.
1634218386226.png

Reaction score
18.04 is a little long in the tooth even though it's still supported for a couple more years. Just wondering why you haven't upgraded to 20.04 yet. It's a very solid upgrade even though I recommend upgrading using ethernet as it didn't like my Broadcom wifi card, requiring a bit of a search online for it. Interestingly, it absolutely loved my Intel wifi card on an even older laptop.

Reaction score
Windows is designed for ordinary people who are unfamiliar with or have a limited understanding of a computer's operating system.

Linux is intended for major league OS professionals and is not recommended for use at home or by amateurs.

To tell you the truth, I had never heard of Ubuntu before.

Reaction score
Quote: "To tell you the truth, I had never heard of Ubuntu before."

:eek::oops:o_O

Reaction score
Windows is designed for ordinary people who are unfamiliar with or have a limited understanding of a computer's operating system.

Linux is intended for major league OS professionals and is not recommended for use at home or by amateurs.

To tell you the truth, I had never heard of Ubuntu before.
And there's Lubuntu, Kubuntu and Xbuntu, many others based on Deb/Debian. I've never used RPM.
www.distrowatch.org

I'd have to agree about that statement if it had mentioned the use of Unix, our hospital got out of it back in about '97-99.

Last edited:

Ask a Question