Unable to open message in e-mail

Reaction score
How can I send a copy of a snippet? Received an e-mail alert, when trying to open got a message "invalid entry tor registry"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How can I send a copy of a snippet?
Use the Windows Snipping Tool
Start Button -> Windows Accessories -> Snipping Tool
You can employ either the New -> Window snip or the New -> Rectangle snip depending on what you are trying to capture.
Then just close it and when prompted choose save, save it to your desktop, give it a name if you don't like "Capture", then use the "Upload a File" button to attach it to your post.

Reaction score
Trouble, I've saved the snippet to a desktop file, but where do I fine "upload a file" to load it to my post?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Riight here where you type this reply you should see three buttons.
The one right next to Post Reply is "Upload a File"

Reaction score
Your item , which you are trying to open, is using a damaged program on your computer.

The easiest way out is to first, find out which program it is, and uninstall and reinstall it. Alternatively, change the program you have designated to open it.
For example, if it is a jpg, and you have, as your default, a third party program to open it, changer the default to Paint, or another which has the capability .

Reaction score
Trouble; Something is wrong, all I see are two buttons at the bottom "Post Reply" and "More Options", there's a space between them. When I click on "More Options" the page changes, but I still have the two options to click on.
I may try davehc's suggestion. Thanks!

Reaction score
I unistalled the last known program, but it's still a problem. The messages I get (and I have saved several e-mails from the Win 10 forum) give a url address and below it states "Invalid entry for registry".
I don't recall whether I get the same error when receiving a direct mail from Windows 10 forum.

Reaction score
Ah. That is a slightly different problem. I doubt, in t6hat case, that my suggestion will work.

Would you care to post just one of the internet addresses, so that we can check it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Trouble; Something is wrong, all I see are two buttons at the bottom "Post Reply" and "More Options", there's a space between them. When I click on "More Options" the page changes, but I still have the two options to click on.
I've notified Ian and asked him to have a look to see if he can determine why you are unable to upload a file.
In the mean time, have you tried an alternate browser to see if the problem with the three buttons persists.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've changed the upload method on your account, could you take another look and see if it has appeared now please?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And in the mean time, would you mind switching your default browser to Internet Explorer as a test.
Right click the Start Button and Choose Control Panel.
Top right, drop down list, change from Categories to Small Icons, click Default Programs and then the top link that says "Set your default programs"
Let the list populate and then in the left column select Internet Explorer, at the bottom click "Set this program as default" and click OK.

IE DefaultPrograms1.JPG

Reaction score
Trouble; Something is wrong
In the meantime you could save the file to your OneDrive and post a link to that.

Certain file types and sizes are allowed when you attach a file. Maybe something is wrong or invalid with the one you want to attach. Maybe zipping it would help.

Ask a Question