Uninstalled Display driver... cant see screen

Reaction score
Hi I was trying to fix my computer. I have Windows 10 and an HP laptop. I kept getting a black screen.

Unfortunately, I watched a video of some guy on YouTube. The instructions were simple. Uninstall your display driver. Then reinstall your display driver. However, my lcd screen is broken... I was viewing my computer through another screen through an HDMI cable.

Immediately upon installing the driver I lost all ability to see my screen. I tried reinstalling a new LCD screen on the computer and it doesn't work either.

I don't know what to do and I feel like I'm at a loss. Please if anyone knows what to do I would trulh appreciate the help.

Reaction score
Used to be Notebooks had an 'invertor' or small printed circuit board connected between the motherboard and the LCD panel then as technology moved onward they had that added to the motherboard, could be that failed. There also is the hardware keyboard feature of Fn + another Fx key that toggled between the LCD, the external monitor or both at the same time, have seen that being a problem, called out several times due to a housekeeper cleaning the keyboard.

Last edited:

Ask a Question