Deleting an uninstalled \Gnu Cash folder from OS (C:) \Program Files x86\ area

Reaction score
How can I DELETE an UNINSTALLED \GnuCash folder from the OS (C:) \Program Files x86\ ?

I accidentally UNINSTALLED as Administrator the GnuCash (Open source) Accounting program from my home PC, and I later tried to REINSTALL it again. However, it failed on account of the "GnuCash_setup.exe" file NOT being able to re create the \GnuCash (program) folder during the installing process.

Even though the GnuCash Accounting program was successfully UNINSTALLED by the OS Windows 10, the \GnuCash program folder remains on the OS (C:) \Program Files x86\ area. Unless that Accounting program folder is entirely REMOVED, the "GnuCash_setup.exe" file can not create a new \GnuCash\ folder so that it may REINSTALLED again.

I do want to REINSTALL on my home PC the GnuCash Accounting program.

Your kind understanding and assistance will be highly regarded.

Reaction score
I would attempt a system restore to a time before the accidental deletion. If that doesn't solve your problem, try opening the GnuCash folder and deleting the files within; maybe then, you will be allowed to delete the empty folder.

Ask a Question