Deleting registry keys in Windows 10

Reaction score
Please can someone tell me which registry keys relate to the following apps, so that I can remove them:

Calendar
Camera
Films & TV
Groove Music
Maps
Edge
One Drive
Store
Weather
X box?

Many thanks.

Reaction score
You can uninstall One-drive and remove the tiles of most of the others but I bet that you cannot uninstall Edge no matter what you do...and that might go for the Store as well. I think that Edge is deeply embedded in the OS the way IE was before and its rendering engine is used for all kinds of things.

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning about Edge, Tim, and possibly also the Store. One of the things that annoy me about 10 is that it seldom lets me set any app that isn't from Microsoft (which most of mine aren't) as the default programme. I was hoping that if I got rid of the Store it couldn't try to make me choose an app from it!

I've already got rid of the tiles and I don't use that page as my home page anyway, I've created another one with links to all my preferred programmes on it, just as I had in Windows 7.

However I still want to delete them from the Start menu and there is no option offered for that. If I know the registry keys I can delete those and the pesky things will disappear completely! I've disabled One-Drive but it's still there and I'd like to get rid of that altogether too.

Reaction score
Browse. There are ways, But they mauve reinstated in a future update.

Reaction score
I agree with Dave. After a cumulative update I've noticed that all those apps show in the store as having just been updated. I suspect that if their registry keys are deleted the effects might not be all good.

Reaction score
Actually, removing Windows 10 built-in applications needs to be done with a built-in application called PowerShell. Listed below is a link to an article that discusses how to remove each application you don't want. To invoke PowerShell right click on the Window icon in the lower left corner of your screen and from the menu click on Command Prompt (Admin). At the prompt type in POWERSHELL and press Enter. You might think that nothing has happened but you'll notice that the prompt now begins with PS. I believe that you should be able to copy and paste the individual commands to the PowerShell prompt and you then simply press the enter key to invoke the command. Pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

Note also that if you later decide that you want the application back you can re-install the application with PowerShell as well.

Here's the link.

https://www.techsupportall.com/uninstall-built-apps-windows-10/

Ask a Question