Unique names when downloading

Reaction score
Is there a way to automatically assign unique file names to each photo downloaded and saved, when many, many photos from public sites bear same titles? Many sites just use number 1-10, for instance.
(Windows 10, latest update.)

Reaction score
Using Firefox I just right-click a picture and choose Save Image as... which lets me accept or rename. Works the same in Edge.

An issue exists in that a folder can't contain 2 or more files of the same name, at least one character difference has to exist.

Reaction score
My problem is that I download from 500 to 1000 images each business day. If I must manually change every image name (from 10 to 10a, for instance), it takes way too long to get enough work done in a day.
I used to have a batch file command that did this automatically, as soon as I hit "save as", but the newest Win10 update removed it, for some reason.

Reaction score
I used to have a batch file command that did this automatically, as soon as I hit "save as", but the newest Win10 update removed it, for some reason.
We do lose things such as customizations with every Windows Version Upgrade [usually twice a year] and some Build updates, pays to have things saved so as to reinstall when again needed. I do it with several Registry changes and have to with the Win7/8 Games I like but doesn't take long to reinstall.

Ask a Question