Unknown USB Device - Link in Compliance Mode

Reaction score
I have "something" on my computer that isn't working right, according to Windows. In the Device Mangler under Universal Serial Bus controllers is an "Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode)". There are no hardware ID's in the properties, so I don't have any idea what this is.

Everything that I have connected seems to be working properly. I've tried disconnecting items, but the entry in Device Mangler doesn't go away.

Any ideas how I can find out just what this is?

Reaction score
Can you uninstall the device (including drivers) and refresh the list?? In most cases that solves the issue. It could be something internal as well...

Reaction score
Unfortunately it doesn't give th eoption to remove the drivers, and the same entry comes back on a refresh.

Reaction score
There's a couple things on older Notebooks that may do that, one is the Express Card slot and one is the PCMCIA slot, the ones I have do not work with Win10 so I've Disabled them in Device Manager. One other item may be the SD/SDHC memory card slot. But then we have no information about the computer.

Ask a Question