SOLVED Unknown IP Address

Reaction score
I recently downloaded and installed an app called, "Wireless Network Watcher".
It displays my three computers and my router as I would expect it to do. But it also displays the fifth item which I did not expect.

192.168.1.11 A4-50-46-62-5E-23 Xiaomi Communications Co Ltd DESKTOP-OFVKUDN Active? - Yes

Any comments?
Thanks for reading

Reaction score
If seeing only one 'foreign' machine on your Wi-Fi list you are lucky, I get about a dozen and they are all neighbors within a 1/2 mile radius. A lot depends upon the signal strength of the adapters and does give high importance to having a password to get to the Internet. Some printers with the Wireless feature also will show up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Xiaomi is a smart phone manufacturer. Do you or a relative or a recent visitor have such a phone?

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
@Bighorn- Yes, I most certainly do have a password to access my router/modem. Excellent advice!
@Noob Whisperer - Yes, I have a Smart phone, and it was the mysterious output. Thanks for showing that to me.

Ask a Question