Unknown web page

Reaction score
I am receiving a recurring alert that a web page is slowing down my computer but I cannot identify that web page. I would like to eliminate this problem if I could identify the web page. How is this possible query.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Which web browser is this occurring in?

In all likelihood it'll be the current page you are attempting to view, or a pop-up page generated from the current page you are viewing.

The error itself is implying either graphic intensity of the page being loading is preventing the page loading in a timely manner or something in the page - a graphic or javascript, or flash is failing to load.

Try clearing your caches of all save images, cookies, etcetera. That will likely reduce the alerts.

You can also modify most browsers configurations to prevent these kinds of situation, but to get help with that we'll need to know which browser it is you are experiencing this issue with.

If you could provide some details about your graphics card or onboard graphics chip and the current version of the drivers for these, that would help too. There may be an update for the driver that would also help improve things for you.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thank you Regedit32, appreciate prompt response. The problem occurs in my FaceBook browser. Please note that my technical knowhow is limited.
Regards
Patskin

Reaction score
I frequently get the same type message with the TV Guide page, something about a script has stopped working. I think it involves a lot of the advertising they include and if I wait several minutes for the full page to finish loading it works.

Regedit32

Reaction score
The problem occurs in my FaceBook browser

Facebook is highly graphic intensive so that would support pretty much my initial thoughts.

By browser though, I meant are you getting this error when you visit Facebook using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, mozilla FireFox etcetera. Which internet web browser are you using to access Facebook?

Reaction score
Facebook is slow by default. It takes forever for a Facebook page to load, no matter what browser one is using. That is why I hardly use it anymore. Also way too much advertising...

Ask a Question