USB Memory Stick For Car

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice on how best to compile songs on a USB memory stick for use in my car. Struggling to find an answer to my problem I though i would ask the question on this forum, so what's the problem I have 5 folders each containing a number of songs
( mp3) the problem comes when I plug it in the car which like most new car's only got a couple of USB ports no CD player so when I I select the USB I find the content as been scrabbled, no order to it with the mp3 files been removed from the folders so suggestions would be welcomed
Thanks
H

Reaction score
Make another USB with the songs in the root and see if that works.
Some cars can only do mp3
Try an album, preferably downloaded from iTunes so all the metadata is there
Also format the USB as FAT or FAT 32 depending on size.

And...what does the manual say?

I have had 4 cars with music like this
Q5 which used camera flash drives not USB. Worked perfectly.
Volvo which had this piece of software that liked to re-organize the files but did not lose anything. Any files which were not from an album it recognized it just put into a folder with them in no particular order. Worked fine on actual albums with the metadata.
VW Golf R worked ok and claimed it would do lossless formats but I did not try.
VW Taos worked ok

Notice my cars are not Asian nor domestic.

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions Ive tried what you suggested, my car is a 22 reg Vauxhall Crossland (opal) but not sure where the car was built, Ive been it touch with Vauxhall customer service who apart from suggesting daft things threw the towel in saying contact your dealership who in fairness said we would have suggested you contact customer service so it looks like one thumb driver per album !
H

Reaction score
What does Google say?
The VIN will tell you where it was built ( 1st 3 letters)

Did the manual say anything about playing music from USB?

I think this is weird.

Reaction score
I have solved my issue I found that if I 'ripped' a audio cd onto a memory stick the problem went away so I wrote my songs to cd's and 'ripped' to memory stick job done.
I'm not suggesting this is the only way but it's the only one which worked for me
Thanks for everuone's input
H

Ask a Question