Synching two usb memory sticks

Reaction score
How can I synch the content of 2 memory sticks connected to my computer via USB?

Sorry if this question has already been answered but I did a search and could not find a reference to it on this forum. Just getting the hang of the forum for now.

Reaction score
Alrighty then, if you would like to tell us how you have resolved your problem, I am sure other users will be happy to know as well....

Reaction score
I am at the stage of learning how to use the Total Commander. Haven't applied it to my project yet but am assuming that it will help. Given the delay, I wanted to give some response as soon as possible. Will keep you informed as to how I made out learning this software and using it.

Reaction score
You asked that I come back and share my experience in applying the information I got in this thread, so here I am.

At first glance Total Commander seemed to answer my need because it had a feature related to synching. Well, I did try to figure out how to use it but it is beyond my skills. I was hoping that W-10 had a tool whereby you plug your sticks in and one stick will mimic the other automatically.

What I do now to "synch" two memories keys is simply to plug them both in and copy the content from one to another. I guess this is not really synching, but it will do for me.

In my defence I will point out that I am an old feller trying to take advantage of this wonderul new technology. But I must say that just getting the hang of the language is a challenge in itself.

Thanks for your effort to help me.

Reaction score
In total commander, if you press [F1] the help will pop up and you can read on how to do what with all explanations of what which button is doing. I know and see it for myself that with progressive age the learning curve practically bottoms out, I hear 'ya , I am not the youngest anymore as well but I try to keep up.
I do not think Windows 10 has an auto sync built in...

Reaction score
Also known as "the learning curse" ! It followed me throughout my life, from how to use an Underwood, a Gestetner, an Apple-IIe, a Commodre 64, right up to my current Think Pad !

But I think I will hang up my keyboard before the tablet phase !

Reaction score
a little offtopic:
I started out with a Sinclair ZX81, then Commodore64 and so far I ended up with Laptops,desktops,Tablets,Phablet and everything in between. It always is a steep learning curve....

Reaction score
I missed the Sinclair but heard about it My son, who now works in IT, started with a Ti99 that we bought him for a school project. Talking about the past, my most useful school course has been Typing which allows to use all my fingers when writing!

Ask a Question