Using an index in a word doc

Reaction score
Help! I am trying to index a 175 page report. It is page numbered and straight forward in style , no graphs etc. How do I index the contents and show a list with page numbers? I have done this before with other computers but cannot find how to in Windows 10 Help! Rabbit Face

Reaction score
I don't think it's a Win10 issue but with the program being used to create the document.

Reaction score
Thanks Big Horn I wondered if that was the problem i.e. that the computer system was not inclusive of the capability of sorting and logging data for a doc. Thanks for confirming this. I think the features are not inclusive of really necessary abilities for standard stuff and have too many unused ones for general use. I have had a few systems Windows 97 and moving forward from there on and I am finding 10 to be the most annoying. rabbit face.

Reaction score
I've also used older versions of Windows and with older versions of Office, first was Win3,1 on DOS 5 and all following versions but never owned a ME/Millenium Edition nor a Vista, never knew of a version 97.
I prefer WordPerfect for a couple of easier-to-use features but have had Office 4.3, 97, 2000, 2007, 2010 and 2013, still have the last 4 editions on some computers. The only real problem with Office 97 was with Outlook, corrected with Outlook 98.

Reaction score
HI Bighorn thanks for the information I will have to upgrade to a better version maybe Office 2010 and check before I buy. Thanks for being so interested and helping me - rabbit face

Reaction score
Most versions of Office have reached EOL/End of Life and are no longer supported, maybe even as late as and including 2016. If not wishing to spend money there's nothing wrong with using the free LibreOffice or OpenOffice, just don't have an E-Mail Client similar to Outlook. I like LibreOffice as it still supports the old Microsoft Works formats that some of my clients used for creating recipes, easily transferable.

Reaction score
Thanks again I will look up what is availbale but the information you have given is very valuable. Thanks again - rabbit face

Ask a Question