video stutters

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I saw this that describes what the problem is, playing some videos. It loads and then starts to play and it stops. You can see it is loading or buffering the play back is not continuous.
Some sites things are ok some are not , I tried to up date video driver but when it started it said what I was down loading was from my previous system not Win 10 so I stopped it. I did up date Java driver , or I think I did according to Java my 64 bit up date was successful

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
A good place to start would be to figure out which GPU you have installed and if there is a potential Windows 10 driver available for it.

Open Device Manager (right click the start button and choose it from the context menu)
Expand "Display Adapters"
Select then right click yours and choose properties
Select the "Details" tab from along the top
Use the "Property" drop down arrow to change to Hardware IDs
Select the top line in the value box and then right click and choose copy
Open your browser to the Google search engine and paste that into the search box and hit enter

That should provide you with some insight as to the details of your specific display adapter.
You can also paste it into your next post if you'd like and perhaps we can assist further.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I saw this that describes what the problem is, playing some videos. It loads and then starts to play and it stops. You can see it is loading or buffering the play back is not continuous.
Some sites things are ok some are not , I tried to up date video driver but when it started it said what I was down loading was from my previous system not Win 10 so I stopped it. I did up date Java driver , or I think I did according to Java my 64 bit up date was successful
I followed instructions I do not know what I did the first time but this time I was not given the warning I was trying to up date a older driver. I down loaded the driver have not tried a video but it should work better. It great to have a resource Like this to use. A note for the programmers of Win 10 great job by all.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
you would thinks since Win 10 is suppose to be idiot proof for the most part it is , this video driver would have been in a automatic up date ? I had to up date my HP 8620E printer driver after errors occurred took me a week to figure that one out.

Ask a Question