Video thumbnails no longer showing up in D drive

Reaction score
Either yesterday or the day before, the video thumbnails for all of my videos stopped showing up in the D drive and do not know why that is. Instead, it’s the default movie clapboard thumbnail for Movies & TV and I've tried everything and still nothing worked.

Does anyone know why this is happening to me?
Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

Capture 5.PNG

Reaction score
That icon appears to be the default for Movies & TV application, shows as New on the latest update Start menu. I use VLC and the icon changes if I set VLC as the Default program.

Reaction score
Okay. It's still not showing an image from the video like I want it to and it's just a blue movie clapboard and a white piece of paper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What is the D: drive, partition on the only drive, Internal 2nd hard drive, External USB drive, mapped drive on another computer, NAS drive? VLC is showing correct icon on my NAS drive.

Reaction score
That screenshot looks like mine, the small 'drive' C: is a partition on the only drive while the larger 'drive' D: is a second partition on the same 1TB drive. A better look at the drives can be found by right-clicking Start then click Disk Management.

Ask a Question