SOLVED Videos Won't Play

Reaction score
Ever since I downloaded Windows 10 I am having nothing but trouble. I try to watch video's and they keep breaking up and run real slow, thats after it takes so long to get it up to even look at. Its telling me something about Ad block stopping it, but I tried to fix that but not sure what I did. Need help on this.

Reaction score
Ever since I downloaded Windows 10 I am having nothing but trouble. I try to watch video's and they keep breaking up and run real slow, thats after it takes so long to get it up to even look at. Its telling me something about Ad block stopping it, but I tried to fix that but not sure what I did. Need help on this.[/QUOTE I also have to add to this sight that my video camera won't work either. I use an USB cable because Microsoft has to resolve the problem with my SD card. But now it is telling me the app didn't start. The USB isn't working either

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you have some driver issues.
It could be a BIOS update is required to get Windows 10 to function properly, or a chipset driver, or storage controller driver(s), etc.
Your best bet is to try the computer manufacturer's support website and see what they may have available in the way of driver updates that may better support Windows 10.
Avoid any third party driver finder programs.
Can you provide the specifics regarding your particular computer?
The manufacturer's Name, The Model Name, The Model Number (complete model number not just something like Dell XPS 17, as there are several Dell XPS 17 versions).

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you have some driver issues.
It could be a BIOS update is required to get Windows 10 to function properly, or a chipset driver, or storage controller driver(s), etc.
Your best bet is to try the computer manufacturer's support website and see what they may have available in the way of driver updates that may better support Windows 10.
Avoid any third party driver finder programs.
Can you provide the specifics regarding your particular computer?
The manufacturer's Name, The Model Name, The Model Number (complete model number not just something like Dell XPS 17, as there are several Dell XPS 17 versions).

My computer is a HP pavilion P2 Series----Model P2-1033w I did call the HP people and my warranty is out and I never paid to extend it, but I was told they have no update drivers for HP yet. But I just assumed that if I go into device manager and update all the drivers that would work, but I guess not. Also when HP does get there updates won't it be posted so anyone can download them? My e-mails are having alot of trouble too, so maybe this is all connected.

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to go here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...-1000-desktop-pc-series/5151858/model/5156898
and see if you use the "Check Now" button, it finds anything specific for your machine.

tried that and it says features I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. It also tells me other stuff and I was trying to copy and paste it but it won't let me. To much to just spell it out for you. How can I post those printed messages? It would be better if you read exactly what it says.

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to go here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...-1000-desktop-pc-series/5151858/model/5156898
and see if you use the "Check Now" button, it finds anything specific for your machine.

Here is some more information that I could copy some of it. Click OK to try again, or inter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package HP Support SolutionsFramework-11.51.0049.msi' in the box below. I did that and a screen came up saying, HP Support SolutionsFramework-11.51.0049.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Hp 'support Solutions Framework. Try to find the installation package HP Support SolutionsFramework-11.51.0049.msi' in a folder from which you can install HP Support Solutions Framework. I hope this help and maybe you can help me further. Also as I was getting out of this a screen came up telling me the older version of HP support solutions frame work cannot be deleted. Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the Start Button -> All Apps -> Windows Accessories -> Internet Explorer ..... right click that and choose Pin to Start ..... right click it again and choose Pin to taskbar
Go down to your brand new IE taskbar shortcut and right click that and choose Start InPrivate Browsing. that should disable any addons, extensions, etc.
copy and past the HP URL into the address bar
Try using that browser to run the HP utility and see if that makes any difference.

Reaction score
Click the Start Button -> All Apps -> Windows Accessories -> Internet Explorer ..... right click that and choose Pin to Start ..... right click it again and choose Pin to taskbar
Go down to your brand new IE taskbar shortcut and right click that and choose Start InPrivate Browsing. that should disable any addons, extensions, etc.
copy and past the HP URL into the address bar
Try using that browser to run the HP utility and see if that makes any difference.

I got as far as right clicking pin to start--right click it again and choose Pin to taskbar does not come up. Ok I finally did find that, I had to go down to the more button. Now I am at the browsing and you said to past the HP URL into the address bar., What is that? sorry I don't know the language but I can do it. Also I am in a screen that says in private, is that where I am suppose to be?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes "In private" is where you are suppose to be.
the URL (Universal Resource Locator or Uniform Resource Locator) is the address
Code:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p2-1000-desktop-pc-series/5151858/model/5156898

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes "In private" is where you are suppose to be.
the URL (Universal Resource Locator) is the address
Code:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p2-1000-desktop-pc-series/5151858/model/5156898

Reaction score
Ok I did all that and it took me right back to the screen
Software and driver results for:
HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop PC----So I went threw the same process as before and it won't work.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not sure what is going on with your machine.
The HP utility should work on any HP computer, I've used it myself on several different computers, so....
"it won't work" doesn't tell me much as to what is happening.
Does the utility fail?
Does it offer any downloads?
IF so can you download them and save them to your computer?
Have you ran the HP Support Assistant, which should also, already be installed on your computer as part of the factory software?

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not sure what is going on with your machine.
The HP utility should work on any HP computer, I've used it myself on several different computers, so....
"it won't work" doesn't tell me much as to what is happening.
Does the utility fail?
Does it offer any downloads?
IF so can you download them and save them to your computer?
Have you ran the HP Support Assistant, which should also, already be installed on your computer as part of the factory software?

So when I put the code you gave me into the address bar when the in private screen, it takes me to the screen
Software and driver results for: HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop PC. I went threw the whole process again and it keeps telling me about HP support solutions framework. I did update in HP and it says no updates. I also called them, I think I told you and they said they don't have any update drivers for this computer yet. I did try my camera and I did try to open a video again,and things seem to be working at this point. Maybe when I disabled any add-on, or extensions it cleaned something up. But what is the HP utility? It doesn't say HP utility anywhere. I did click on the HP support Assistant and nothing happens. It doesn't say anything or do anything. When I was having problems I went into device manager and updated all the drivers. Then I started to have problems. Thats when I was trying to go back in an roll back the drivers that were giving me trouble and I couldn't do that either. I do have a question that I noticed something I did or didn't do right. When I went into the drivers, I clicked on the main one and it brought up several things underneath. I clicked on the first one and downloaded the driver. Do I have to go into each one individually and do this, because I only did the first one of each? This could be a problem if I didn't do it right. I was also doing some looking around and from what I read about this HP Support SolutionsFramework-11.51.0049.msi' has something to do with your printer. That is one thing I didn't update the driver on because I had so many problems with getting my printer working and since it is working I didn't want to mess it up. Should I go back in and maybe download the driver for the print queues and fix all the other ones I didn't download? Sorry so long.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do I have to go into each one individually and do this
No. I think I mentioned before that if your device manager is not showing any errors, then don't just randomly try updating drivers unnecessarily. It may result in a driver being installed from Windows Update that is less than optimal for your devices. HP is generally going to be your best bet for drivers. If they don't have any currently, then you can check back occasionally to see if any have been added.
The HP Support Assistant will generally advise you regarding "Messages" as well as "Updates" from HP.
The HP Utility that I was talking about is that "Check Now" button on the site that is suppose to scan your computer for any needed device drivers specifically for it.
The HP Support Solutions Framework is the underlying service that supports the HP Support Assistant.
If your printer is working.... don't mess with it.
The InPrivate browsing mode for Internet Explorer automatically disables extensions, plugins, addons, etc. IF you find that your browsing experience improves using that mode, then....
That suggests that you have some extensions or addons that are causing problems and you need to uninstall them or minimally disable them.
You can click the gear in the top right corner of IE when you launch it normally (not InPrivate) and choose Manage add-ons.

Reaction score
No. I think I mentioned before that if your device manager is not showing any errors, then don't just randomly try updating drivers unnecessarily. It may result in a driver being installed from Windows Update that is less than optimal for your devices. HP is generally going to be your best bet for drivers. If they don't have any currently, then you can check back occasionally to see if any have been added.
The HP Support Assistant will generally advise you regarding "Messages" as well as "Updates" from HP.
The HP Utility that I was talking about is that "Check Now" button on the site that is suppose to scan your computer for any needed device drivers specifically for it.
The HP Support Solutions Framework is the underlying service that supports the HP Support Assistant.
If your printer is working.... don't mess with it.
The InPrivate browsing mode for Internet Explorer automatically disables extensions, plugins, addons, etc. IF you find that your browsing experience improves using that mode, then....
That suggests that you have some extensions or addons that are causing problems and you need to uninstall them or minimally disable them.
You can click the gear in the top right corner of IE when you launch it normally (not InPrivate) and choose Manage add-ons.

(The HP Support Solutions Framework is the underlying service that supports the HP Support Assistant.) I can't get into this sight, as I mentioned in the paragraph above. This is where that check now button was. Is this something I should be able to get into? It tells me to do something, mentioned above, that I don't know how to do to install that package. Also when I go into IE and choose manage add-ons what do I do after that. I didn't want to click on it yet until I ask in case I mess something up.

Ask a Question