SOLVED VirtualBox can't be installed.

Reaction score
Hey guys. Gnight.

Can anybody confirm if win10 supports VBox? I've been having a few issues, specifically with ethernet / network drivers. First time ever tho.

Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?

Tyvm for ur help.

Reaction score
Tyvm for your help sir.

Still I see a few topics saying it's corrupting the os, true? I upgraded from win7 and don't have an image to restore if anything goes wrong.

Confirm if it can host vbox before bownload?

Reaction score
RE : Still I see a few topics saying it's corrupting the os, true?

You have been misinformed.
The beauty of any virtual machine is that it is independent from the main operating system.
Whatever goes wrong stays inside the virtual machine. All one needs to do is to remove it and that is the end of the problem.

RE : I upgraded from win7 and don't have an image to restore if anything goes wrong.

Buy an external hard drive.
A 1TB ext hdd can be had for under $100 Canadian. If you are in the US, it should be even cheaper. A 500 GB variety will be good enough if you don't have too many other items to be stored in there.
With the ext. hdd, you can run System Image Backup and store the file there. It will be used whenever you need to restore the system.
That is what I do myself and system image backup saves my computer several times.

If you want to know how to do System Image Backup.....
In the search box next to Start button, type file history > top left click File History > bottom lefy, click System Image Backup > > plug in the external harddrive >top left, click Create a system image > wait for it to look for the hard drive > follow the prompts from then on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, going to read it then. I have way too much data I rly can't afford to lose.

Again, tyvm for the responses, sir.

Reaction score
RE : Still I see a few topics saying it's corrupting the os, true?

You have been misinformed.
The beauty of any virtual machines is that it is independent from the main operating system.
Whatever goes wrong stay inside the virtual machine. All one needs to do is to remove it and that is the end of the problem.

RE : I upgraded from win7 and don't have an image to restore if anything goes wrong.

Buy an external hard drive.
A 1TB ext hdd can be had for under $100 Canadian. If you are in the US, it should be even cheaper. A 500 GB variety will be good enough if you don't have too many other items to be stored in there.
With the ext. hdd, you can run System Image Backup and store the file there. It will be used whenever you need to restore the system.
That is what I do myself and system image backup saves my computer several times.

Can't buy those for now, I'll need 2 1TB hds. Still about two weeks til pay day. I just got this rush, cuz I do have a lot to study at this point.

but the thing is, I'm afraid the installation might corrupt my host system, not the virtual machine. I've been reading a little on this and apparently, the installation itself might cause the damage.

Edit: Sorry for double.

- I'm Brazillian. Big variation in price. haha

Reaction score
I'm afraid the installation might corrupt my host system
I used to use VMWare Player to test out Windows 8 when I was running Windows 7.
I never had any issue about corruption.

If this is a big concern to you, then wait till you get your ext. hdd > do the system image backup before you install the VirtualBox.

Reaction score
Idk, this just came to me after the first attempt when I decided to check vbox forums. It looks like a win10 only problem.

Major concern, I was hoping to find some feedback from either MS or Oracle, but so far, so nothing. It puts a rock in my way tho, not being able to use a vm. I'll install it in the other compy, it's gonna be slower, but atleast it will be something, check for it tomorrow. Now I could rly use some sleep. I've been suffering with this for almost 48 hours now. Gotta rest a little.

Tyvm again for ur help sir. Have a good night.

Reaction score
Yes. I went googling and I did read one that warned of installing virtual box in a Win 10 computer.

Why do you decide using virtual machine ?
Why not dual booting ?

Reaction score
Dual booting gets to my nerves, specially cuz I gotta use both os. And the last time my ubuntu got rekted, and I couldn't find the right partition to exclude as I'm rly not very organized.

A virtual machine just gives me peace of mind uk. haha

I'm waiting to hear from my teacher, guy went to check what was going on last night. Hope things get in place.

Ask a Question