W10 refuses passwords in a self-contradictory way

Reaction score
There is a laptop W10 - ThinkPad E530.

W10 used to work years ago. Now I'm trying to resurrect the laptop. I don't perfectly remember the pw. The very strange thing is:
1. I type for example XYP1234 and W10 says "wrong password"
2. I type for example XYP0987 and W10 says "Welcome", then the white points start rotating, then suddenly W10 says "wrong password"
3. I type for example XYP5678 and W10 says "Welcome", then the white points start rotating, then suddenly W10 says "wrong password"

I've never seen something like this...
Do you have any idea of what is going on?

Have a happy day.

Reaction score
Most likely what you said about "I don't perfectly remember the pw" is the issue, it does have to be perfect/exact as that was the way it was set up. The showing of Welcome then the delay in showing the failure is because Windows is checking it for correctness. Is it the same as your Microsoft Account [if you have one]?

Reaction score
Most likely what you said about "I don't perfectly remember the pw" is the issue, it does have to be perfect/exact as that was the way it was set up. The showing of Welcome then the delay in showing the failure is because Windows is checking it for correctness. Is it the same as your Microsoft Account [if you have one]?
It's not the same of a Microsoft Account.

I don't understand why W10 sometimes says immediately "Wrong Password" and sometimes it takes like 5 seconds to say the same thing.

Ask a Question