Web cam drivers

Reaction score
HI
I have been trying to install Philips SPC1300NC-00 web cam i have the original cd / drivers but after running it says installed successfully but it hasn't.
Will it not be possible to install this in W10. :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi @Defender01, as it happens I had a very similar problem to this the other day - I use a modified Philips webcam to use for astrophotography and the drivers are very out of date.

What I had to do was install the driver software as you have done, restart the PC, then go to device manager. From there I found the webcam (marked as an unknown device, from what I remember), then manually installed the driver (it wasn't auto detected, but the driver was available to force use). I don't have a way to replicate testing the steps, but somewhere on the device properties page for your webcam in device manager there is a way to install a driver yourself. Tell it that you want to manually choose one from the drivers available on your PC - you'll then need to find the Philips driver for that model manually on the list.

I'm sorry for the vague details, but I can't replicate the steps on this current PC. Hopefully that will be enough information to help though!

Reaction score
Thanks for that Ian.
I couldn't find it in device manager so unistalled it from the options on the disk restarted the PC.
Reinstalled it went to device manager and it said this device is working properly and now its working.
The other day it showed a yellow triangle not installed as you found.
Perhaps its my lucky day and i should do the lottery.
Many thanks
Clive. :)

Ask a Question