Windows 10 Webcam

Reaction score
I use a RM Ascend 2050 PC with built-in webcam and Windows 10. I've finally found out how to activate the webcam but the image the webcam shows in inverted. Device Manager in Windows 10 tells me I already have the best drivers installed.

What should I try next please?

Reaction score
HI Mark,

you can use the device manager to de-install the webcam + its drivers and then use the original driver package assuming you have it. That's all I have sorry!. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks, Wolfie. Unfortunately, I don't have the original driver package but I'll see if uninstalling and re-installing helps anyway. I downloaded the ManyCam program as well but I'm still upside down in that so it would seem to be a driver problem.

Reaction score
Mark Have you tried rolling back the driver? You may have the best and latest driver but is it compatible with your machine. Nothing to loose.

Reaction score
Mark Have you tried rolling back the driver? You may have the best and latest driver but is it compatible with your machine. Nothing to loose.

Thanks, Norton. You're probably right but the option to roll back was greyed out so wasn't an option. The driver is a Microsoft driver with a date of 21/06/2006 and the version is 10.0.16299.15. I've tried to find it and the one prior to it on the Microsoft site but had no luck. However, looking at the date of the driver I doubt that an earlier one would be any better. I'm not brilliant at this sort of thing but my guess is the existing driver is not compatible with Windows 10 or one of its updates.

Reaction score
As Wolfie suggest, If you Google your problem there are many Win 10 users with inverted web cam images especially with Asus PC's and Skype. There is even a driver recommended that apparently will correct the inverted image.

Reaction score
As Wolfie suggest, If you Google your problem there are many Win 10 users with inverted web cam images especially with Asus PC's and Skype. There is even a driver recommended that apparently will correct the inverted image.
Thanks for the suggestion, Norton. I have Googled the problem a number of times (just to be sure!) but I've yet to find a solution that applies to my machine. Even the RM website has no answer. I'll search again as I missed mention of the driver you refer to. I'm reluctant to use a website that says I can download the relevant driver unless the website is a trusted site.

Reaction score
I just checked an ASUS X555 Notebook I've rehabbed, upgraded from Win8. The camera shot of myself is flipped left to right. Holding a printed document before the camera shows reversed print on the screen [like in a mirror] but the resultant saved photo is correct.

Reaction score
I just checked an ASUS X555 Notebook I've rehabbed, upgraded from Win8. The camera shot of myself is flipped left to right. Holding a printed document before the camera shows reversed print on the screen [like in a mirror] but the resultant saved photo is correct.

Thanks, Bighorn. Interesting. I'll try something similar with mine.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Slight problem. I needed to enter the Srial Number of my PC to be able to ask questions and/or download the driver I need. I bought the PC from my local PC repair shop who had been using it in their Internet Cafe. The RM website support says their records show I am not the registered owner. As I don't know the whole of the past history of the computer I'm reluctant to tell them how I came to own it. I think I'll have a word with the people I bought it from before I go any further. I may well be able to change the registered owner but I'll check first just to be sure everything's above board.

Reaction score
As I don't know the whole of the past history of the computer I'm reluctant to tell them how I came to own it.
If no luck with the previous owner just say you bought used, any reason such as company out of business, company upgraded, yard sale, etc. [Be creative]

Ask a Question